You want both, a happy personal life and a fulfilling career. But how do you balance it all? This panel will feature professionals representing a variety of backgrounds and life experiences. Panelists will discuss how they have come to understand achieving a work-life balance and in the process share personal stories, strategies, and challenges they've faced along the way.
Some questions to be addressed might include:
• What does work-life balance mean in your profession?
• What are challenges of being a professional with a personal life, and how do they differ across different groups (e.g., female versus male, early career versus later career, ethnic minority, etc.)?
• When is the best time to start a family?
• How do you negotiate and support the trailing spouse scenario?
• What are some successful strategies to achieve work-life balance?
This panel will emphasize discussion and opportunities for questions and audience interaction. Babies/young children welcome!
|Discussant||Christopher Labosier Longwood University||20|
|Discussant||Weronika Kusek Northern Michigan University||20|
|Panelist||Julie Silva University of Maryland, College Park||20|
|Discussant||Bandana Kar Oak Ridge National Laboratory||20|
To access contact information login